Thank you for your interest in the Summer International Fellowship at the DeVos Institute of Arts Management at the Kennedy Center.
Launched in 2008, the DeVos Institute's Summer International Fellowship offers international not-for-profit arts managers an immersive program of study in arts management strategy. For four weeks each summer, for three consecutive years, international fellows participate in seminars, group projects, individual mentorships and practical rotations supervised by Institute faculty and Kennedy Center senior staff. In their home countries, fellows are encouraged to teach and distribute fellowship resources. In this way, the Institute invests in critical arts ecologies worldwide, building strength and sustainability one manager at a time.
To apply online, create an account on ArtManager.org by clicking here. Once you register, you will be directed to the online application.
Already have an ArtsManager account? Click here to log in.
Please note, applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to be considered for the Fellowship.
- A minimum of 5 years professional arts management experience, such as working in an administrative capacity for a not-for-profit arts organization or arts service organization.
- Currently serving as an executive or department head with decision-making authority in your organization.
- Able to conduct business in English, orally and in writing. (TOEFL scores can be submitted, but are not required.)
- Able to attend the program four weeks during late June/July for three consecutive summers in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The deadline for submitting applications is December 1, 2011. To accommodate for International time changes and internet delays, the application will remain open until 12:01 AM on December 4, 2011, according to Washington, DC time (United Stated Eastern Standard Time). You may continue to submit your application until this time. Applications submitted into the system after this time will not be considered.
If you encounter difficulties with the application, below are common solutions:
- I submit my application, but I can still edit it. - Your application is not officially submitted until you check the "OK to Submit" box on the end of the application and click "Submit." Return to your application and complete these steps.
- I have not received an email confirmation. - First, check your junk mail folder. The email comes from email@example.com. If the email is not in your junkmail folder, wait a few hours and check again. Depending on your location, there can be a time delay. If you still do not receive a confirmation, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will confirm the receipt of your application during normal business hours on Monday.
- I am getting an error page. - Close your browser and reopen. Then, copy and paste this address into a new browser: http://artsmanagerfba.artsmanager.org/applications/Lists/Summer%20International%20Fellows%20Applications/applicant.aspx After logging in, this will return you to your application.
- I cannot attach my CV. - First, rename your attachment. Then, close your browser, re-open and attempt to attach again. If you are still unable to attach your document, please email it to email@example.com.
Application decisions will be made in early February 2012.